Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Risen Savior, family, and friends...

Makes for one of the best Easters ever!

The kids were super excited about the Easter Bunny and decided that 5:00 would be a great time to wake up after not going to bed until after midnight. Mom didn't think that was a good time, so I told them to go back to bed. After a visit to my room every 30 minutes until 7:00 I finally said, OK lets go see what he brought.

He didn't disappoint. They boys both got fancy new bat bags, Ellee got sand toys and bubbles, and he brought beach towels for our vacation this summer.

We went to church this morning, the boys played in the bell choir, we enjoyed a fabulous service, then it was off to Aunt Janet's for Brunch.
She fixed some amazing stuff, hid Easter eggs for several hunts and she doesn't mess around with making it simple to find eggs. She even had a golden egg with $10.00 in it. Who wouldn't love an Aunt like that?
I will be so sad when my oldest one finds hunting eggs to0 childish. I know it's coming faster than I want it to.
This one was extremly exhausted from too little sleep and found hunting easter eggs this year made you whine a lot when your brother found one and you didn't.

These amazing people joined us for Brunch. Jim and Cindy Leach are from Bird City too. Jim was best friends with Grandpa Bob his whole life and Cynthia is named after his lovely wife Cindy. They live here in Wichita and own Jim and Cindy's Tours and didn't waste any time at all spoiling my kids. They brought each one of them Easter baskets filled with fun candy, cookies, and rabbits and they certainly won my kids' hearts right away. Thanks Jim and Cindy! It was so nice to finally meet you and please don't be strangers!




We hope that you all had a very Happy Easter and made memories worth remembering with the ones that you love this Easter.
He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you got the three to sit for a cute pic. Just wait 'til you see my attempt.... arrrgggg!!!
    Happy Easter Dear Friend... I'm so glad that that mighty Saviour of ours made us friends:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are awesome! 5am is a ridiculously early hour to wake up though! Hahah!

    ReplyDelete