Thursday, September 9, 2010

It was...

Made for her with love by a grandma that isn't even hers. It became her very best friend almost instantly!
It found it's way in the bathtub

It napped everywhere she napped....Even in front of the front door!

She never let it get too far out of reach!

And always covered her head when she would fall asleep.

We lost her best friend over the weekend in Kansas City at the Great Wolf Lodge and it has been devastating for both of us. She feel like she lost her best friend and I feel like a part of her is missing. I only knew her with this filthy lovie attached to her hand and I miss that for her.

She found her Mr. Monkey yesterday to help her get through last night but that is all he was good for. One night! Tonight she is struggling because she knows her Best Friend is still gone and I know that it's never coming back.

It was her very best friend and she tried so hard to take good care of it.



What I would give for more pictures of a little girl and her lovie because clearly I didn't take enough. She hasn't had a bottle for over 5 months now and I don't have one single picture of her and her best friend as a little lady! Oh how it makes me sad!

3 comments:

  1. This is SO sad! It's like a scene from Toy Story...:-( I'm sure that lovie misses her as much as she misses it:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now, a non-smart-@$$ comment form Hughes: I know how Miss Ellee feels. I have a pot-belly teddy bear my Granny gave me 30 years ago this coming Christmas. A couple of years agos, after many years of Chubs keeping me company every night, I decided in order to prolong his life I'd leave him home in NY for my summers there. It was a rough few months until Santa gave me a new bear for KS, NOT a replacement, just a new friend. I know a new friend won't be the same for Ellee, but when she finds the right one she'll feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hughes....I didn't know you had it in ya! Just kidding you know we love ya and we wouldn't know what to do if you were any different. Infact this comment made me tear up a little.....LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete