Saturday, January 7, 2012

1, 2, 3....Did I really blink that many times?

The days have passed so quickly and I can't believe you are 3.

Just yesterday they placed you in my arms and you slipped right into my heart.

Just yesterday we brought you home from the hospital still swearing you would never wear PINK!

Just yesterday I wondered what this mama of little boys would do with a little girl.

Just yesterday you wore bows on  your tiny head that were bigger than you were.

Just yesterday....I am sure I haven't blinked so where did the yesterdays go?
 Just yesterday you learned to smile and giggle.

Just yesterday you learned to crawl.

Just yesterday you learned to walk and carried your lovie and your baba with you everywhere you went.

Just yesterday you learned to ride the laundry basket down the stairs.

Just yesterday you cried when I left your sight.

Just yesterday you were this little girl I carried everywhere I went.

Just yesterday....I am sure I haven't blinked so where did the yesterdays go?
 Just yesterday you learned to talk and I heard you call me Mama.

Just yesterday you would grab my cheeks and turn my head to get my attention.

Just yesterday you slept in the craziest of places.

Just yesterday as soon as we would say it's time to go to the ball field you would grab your shoes and say, "yets go!" 

Just yesterday....I am sure I haven't blinked so where did the yesterdays go?
 Just yesterday I remember listening to a lady tell me at the grocery store that when everyone of her children were born she grew a new heart and I believe she is absolutely right!

Dear Ellee Bean,
I do not know where the time has gone but I do know that the last 3 years have gone by way to fast.  It is very hard to believe that this little girl that we didn't know what to do with, could already be this big.  It is very hard to believe that in the 3 short years you have been with us you have changed our world forever.

The day you were born I remember thinking to myself, I wonder which of the boys she will be like.  Will she be energetic and athletic like Caden?  Will she be one to entertain herself and let her imagination soar like Reece?  Little did I know that you would be the perfect mix of both of them.  You love to play ball, run, jump, dive, catch and you could go forever, just like Caden and you entertain yourself for hours and your imagination is amazing, just like Reece. 

You have your brothers wrapped around your fingers and you think they are 10 feet tall.  You have your daddy wrapped around all the others and I am almost certain that he wouldn't have it any other way.  You have changed your mommy in more ways than you can ever imagine and it's kind of fun to see the world through the eyes of a little girl again. 

Ellee Rae, It is so hard to believe that all the tomorrows are now yesterdays and you are 3 years old.  This family didn't know we were missing a thing until you came along and we realized that we were missing everything that came with having you.

I love you more, I love you to the moon and back and I love to infinity and beyond!

~Mama

The funny things you say:
These toilets are TINORNUS (ginormous from the movie ELF)
Bunny Easter
Reindeer Rudolph
My noses are snottin'
These brudders are getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment