Monday, August 17, 2009

The last of our memories from our final week of summer....

Tonight was Open House night at our fabulous Elementary school where my darling boys will be in 2nd grade, Kindergarten, and where I will be doing my part of screwing up nothing everything as the PTA President.

I realized that no matter how badly I don't want school to start or how badly I wish we would have crammed more fun stuff in to our last week of summer, it's going to happen and it's going to happen tomorrow morning. I will be ready with my box of Kleenex, camera, and an empty feeling when I walk out the front door of the school tomorrow and leave them there, so that their teachers can impact their lives in ways that I can not.

I'm just a Mom and sometimes that job is tougher than I ever imagined it would be. Not because it's a lot of work, but because my babies are my every day and it hurts to have to share them with the world, when they are all I know.

So while my heart hurts a little because tomorrow will be here before I know it and the routines will begin, my days last week were full of laughter, fun, smiles, and memories that will last forever. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them.

Wednesday is where we left off so we will begin with Thursday...

Bowling here we come! We met the Duling's for a couple games of bowling and believe it or not this was the first time we had got to spend any time with them all summer long. More proof that the summer has just gone by way to fast.

That evening I threw in a little surprise for the kids. They had been wanting to see G-Force. Not exactly a movie that I wanted to see, however, it was playing at the Drive-In along with Ice Age 3. So I dressed my kids in their PJ's, Daddy stayed home with Ellee, and my friend Tracy and I took 4 kids to the Drive-In.

So 2 movies later, 4 kids that wouldn't stop fighting for nothing and never did fall asleep, 3 trips to the bathroom and concessions (which rocks), 2 tired Mama's, and 1:15 in the morning, we pack them up and head for home. Another great day down!!!

Then came Friday. All week long the boys had been wanting to go to the NBC tournament so we decided that Friday would be a great evening to do that, so that is just exactly what we did.

We went and watched the Liberal BJ's take on the Anchorage Glacier Pilots. We cheered for the Liberal BJ's because they are close to my home town but they didn't win. They do, however, have a kid from Hugoton (another town close to where I grew up) that has been drafted to play for the Haysville Heat next year. That's right! Haysville is getting their own NBC team and we are pretty excited, being the baseball family that we are and all.

The boys were chosen to gather trash at the ball park, so armed with their trash bags they set out to do their jobs.

Caden came back with a dollar bill that some guy gave him as a tip for picking up his trash! He was thrilled!

They each were given a Wingnuts baseball for doing such a great job of picking up. So two baseballs and one dollar bill later you would have thought they won the lottery.

Ellee just loved being outside and enjoyed her first baseball game that wasn't her BROTHERS!!!

Saturday was a day for finishing up school shopping. While we were at the mall we realized that the carousel that my kids have been riding since Caden was a baby was closing on Sunday with no plans to reopen, so for old times sake we had to take one last ride and Ellee got to experience it for the first time.

The Tea Cup has always been a favorite. You can make it spin real fast!!! Ellee loved every minute of it!!

So there you go and just like that summer is over and we are off to school tomorrow. So with our nerves for change, and Mommy with her box of Kleenex we will happily go to school tomorrow and before we know it summer will be here again where more fun and adventures wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment