Friday, July 23, 2010

9 years and halfway there!

9 years ago today they told me I was now the Mommy of a beautiful baby boy.

9 years ago today I remember looking at you and thinking to myself I don't know how to be a Mommy, but I guess him and I are going to figure this thing out together.

9 years ago today they placed this 7 lb 13 oz boy in my arms and I realized at that very moment that my life would never be the same.

9 years ago today they placed you in my arms and you slipped right into my heart.

9 years ago today I never dreamed it would go by so fast.
9 Years ago today I never dreamed that the little feet I loved to look at would soon be wearing baseball cleats and walking out the door with a bat bag bigger than he was filled to so full the zipper would hardly close.

9 Years ago today I never dreamed that I would be the proudest Mom on the planet when you take your place on the mound, behind the plate or in the field.

9 Years ago today I never dreamed that I would be watching my little boy live out his childhood dreams and watching them all come true for him.

9 Years ago today I never dreamed that your little baby feet would be taking you places where you no longer walked beside me and held my hand but walked in front of me yelling "Mom I'm pitching tonight" and "Mom did you see that strike out to pitch a no hitter".

These are the days I would never dream of missing!


9 Years ago today we welcomed you with open arms and today I realized for the first time that we are half way to the day when you will walk out of my door to a world that is bigger than you and I can ever imagine. I can't wait to see where your road takes you but until that day comes I sure hope the next 9 years go slower than the first and that you always know no matter where you go or what you do I will always be your biggest fan.

I love you to the moon, to infinity and beyond, forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment