Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Change is sometimes hard

and it's my blog and I can cry if I want too!

Today as I was cutting out sugar cookies and listening to Christmas music I got to thinking about a different time in my life.  A time when when things were old hat and a time when I was comfortable in my every day. 

When I got to thinking today, I took a look around my house that isn't yet a home and I really started missing what used to be what reflected us as a family.  I missed the warmth of my house that I made our home.  I missed the visits from friends that would come and visit for hours.  I missed just being me!
Today I wish that I could turn back time to see my porch decorated this way again

 I wish I could turn back time and sit in my living room that was full of laughter, love and where everyone knew they were welcome when they walked in the door.

I wish that I could jump in the car with my kids and drive all over looking at Christmas lights and hear them say, "Daddy honk at the dancing Christmas Trees so they will shimmy for us."



I miss hearing my kids say that this over the top decorated house was the prettiest Christmas light display
E-V-E-R.

 Today I miss a different time in my life.

I just wish that all of this would become old hat for me and that I could figure out how to make my much smaller place of residence feel like my home once did.
Today I miss what I used to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment