Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 BIG milestones in one day....How can a Mommy be so happy but so sad at the same time?

You see my baby girl is a mere 3 1/2 months old and decided today that she was going to roll over to get a different view while playing on her toy mat.

Made it over with little effort

But what do I do now that I did it?

She has decided that turning over really isn't so hard (she has done it a couple of times today), however, the being on our tummy thing really isn't her favorite position to be in. So this little milestone made me very excited for her (just ask my friend Dina who witnessed it all) but at the same time I was very sad inside because it is just one more sign that she is getting bigger and the baby days are that much closer to being over.

So if the rolling over wasn't enough to put a Mommy through in one day she decided that laughing was a pretty cool trick too. We were at my friend Tracy's this afternoon and I'll be darned if she didn't let out a few. As exciting as this was to hear those first little giggles and no matter how many times I wanted her to keep doing it (yes, I did all of the stupid voices...You know the ones that all of us do when we are talking to babies?) it made me sad all over again. Two tricks in one day....Seriously, how much can a Mommy take in one day when it comes to milestones and seeing that her baby is growing way to fast? After a few tears shed when we got home I realized that I am so blessed to be able to experience all of these things with her and that I should not be sad because she is growing but be happy that she is healthy and able to do all of these things. I am so very blessed and never knew that being the Mommy of a little girl could change my whole world.

Ellee,

Thanks for these memories today!

I love you baby girl ~ Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment