Sunday, April 19, 2009

As long as I have Reece laughter will always exist

My conversation with Reece just now...

Setting.....He's been outside playing and hates to come in the house to go to the bathroom. (On-going battle)

[Door Slams]

Reece: Mommy I pooped in my pants

Mommy: Well I guess you are done playing outside for the night and tomorrow.

Reece: (Looks at me with a very serious face and knowing he is in trouble) Mommy I didn't do it a BIRD POOPED IN MY PANTS.

Mommy: (Trying hard not to laugh) What?

Reece: A bird pooped in my pants.

Mommy: Oh really!

Reece: Serious Mom!

Mommy: I guess you better go to the bathroom then.

Reece: I hope you bought some OXY Clean.


Reece,

I love you to infinity and beyond,
To the moon and back, Forever and Ever,
and I hope you will always be
as funny as you are today.
Everyday you remind me that life
is too short to take seriously.
God knew that there would be days
that would be trying with you,
days that would be frustrating beyond words,
and he knew that sometimes
laughter cures it all...
and of course he was right!!
It truly does cure it all and I'm glad
you are the person who reminds me of that.


So, he has been sitting the bathroom this whole time I have been writing this post (I didn't want to forget any of this conversation) and the following is the conversation we have had while he has been on the toilet.

Reece: Mommy why would you leave a kid sitting here this long.

Mommy: Because I'm busy and you shouldn't have pooped in your pants.

Reece: I've been sitting in here for 1000 minutes and I need to go back to my old life (which he says often).

Mommy: What was your old life like?

Reece: I could play outside.

So now it's off to the bathroom I go to tackle another childhood issue..........LOVING BEING A MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment