Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is Kindergarten REALLY ready for Reece?

Is Reece really ready for Kindergarten? Either way I guess it is going to happen so I guess we better be prepared.


We went to Kindergarten round up today so Reece could learn the ropes and Mommy could gather all of the information necessary to prepare him for school and sign him over so they could declare him a genius in 13 years (something I already know).




I show up, go and get him from his Pre-K class and to the commons we go. He is very excited about this until the part where they tell him that someone else will take him to the Kindergarten room. By this point he is done and not having any part of it unless, I go with him. I take him to his Kindergarten room where poor Mrs. Fager is happily (or at least pretending) waiting for another BRESSLER boy to grace her room with his presence. He is very nervous and not at all sure that he wanted to be there. I tell him that I will be back to get him when I am done with my part and he hangs on a little tighter. Mrs. Fager, being the super trooper that she is gives it a good shot at trying to distract him with her butterfly experiment that didn't appear to go to well, if you know what I mean. He wasn't all that impressed because they did that in pre-k, so she broke out the next big thing... talking about fishing. I managed to sneak out and off to my meeting I went. Walked back into the commons where they (Mrs. Yorgenson the Principal, Mrs. Ferris, the secretary, and Mrs. Davis, the school nurse) were all very proud of me for not crying on this very big day in the life of one of my children. I guess they all know me a little too well. They know that leaving my children is not an easy thing for me to do and letting them grow up is even tougher.


So we learned what they needed to know, we learned how the bus was going to work, we learned about the shots they were going to need and we learned that Oatville is a fabulous place for our children to go to school. Of course, we all already knew that Oatville is a fabulous place for our kids to go or we wouldn't be sending them there, right? OK, I wouldn't be sending my child there if it wasn't fabulous!


I went back in to pick up Reece and he appeared to have had a great time. We walked out, I asked him how it was and he politely told me he thought he would just stay in Pre-K and that kindergarten wasn't going to be any fun. So for now I guess we will float through the summer, work on all that we need to work on and see how it goes on the first REAL day of Kindergarten in August. Poor Mrs. Fager!!!!

Does this look like a face that isn't ready for Kindergarten?

No comments:

Post a Comment