Monday, July 20, 2009

Mommy what are those lights?

Reece: Mommy what are all of those lights in the sky?

Mommy: What are you talking about?

Reece: See Mommy all of those lights in the black sky?

Mommy: Are you talking about the stars?

Reece: Is that what they are called?

Mommy: Yep Reece, that is what they are called and I am so sorry that you are now 5 years old and this is the first time you have ever seen stars.

It never dawned on me that my city boy with a huge John Deere country heart had no idea that stars could be seen in the dark western Kansas sky. I sure am glad that when he discovered them we were in a place where we could see forever.

I remember my friend Matt telling me that his dad thinks Western Kansas is a little piece of paradise.....I would have to say he isn't far off after being back there this past weekend and realizing the little things I miss about a place I once called home.

Who would have ever thought that I would miss the stars at night?

Yes! Reece, those would be stars and the falling ones are great for wishing on!

2 comments:

  1. Thats one of my favoite part about going home! I love looking at the stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trasie, Your post made me smile : ) I remember when we used to go visit my greatgrandmother in wisconson, the stars seemed so much brighter than in chicago where I was born...Now I live in indiana a happy medium star wise...LOL! Have a lovely day! hugs, jennifer

    ReplyDelete