Friday, July 24, 2009

This was a huge first for the baby girl in our lives

at 6 1/2 months old we made a stop on our way to celebrate Caden's birthday/Heaters party for a baby makeover.

When our baby was born she had a head full of beautiful and uncontrollable dark hair.
A few months passed and her hair got a little lighter in color and a with time she was nearly bald except right down the middle of her head. We really thought that she would eventually lose that too. However, it just didn't happen. That patch of hair just kept getting longer and longer until it was hanging in her eyes. We have always been able to disguise her out of control hair by putting ginormous bows and flowers the size of a dinner plate attached to headbands around her head, until she figured out that if she pulled on them enough times during the day Mommy would just give up. Drastic measures needed to be taken.

With a stop to the Pure Salon and a visit to Jatena we went from this

to a little girl who absolutely thought getting her first haircut was absolutely no big deal To this adorable baby that no longer has a mohawk hanging in her face.
Mommy did a really good job (I thought) of fighting back the tears and when we look in the mirror together, I still see my adorable little baby girl looking back at me and even though her hair is a lot shorter now on the top, she is still absolutely 100% kissable
And I LOVE HER!!

If ever you wanted to know who this baby girl looks like.......want no more
Ellee Rae 6 1/2 Months Old
Caden Robert 7 Months
She looks like her biggest brother and I love them!!

Ellee Rae' first Haircut 7-23-09

Cut by Jatena Leon

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you, SugarandSpice1.etsy.com
    I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out in any way that I can, if you could let your family, friends etc. know too, Id really appreciate it! :) Thanks!
    SugarandSpice4baby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trasie, What a cutie!...I love the hair! I'm really surprised she didn't cry while they were cutting it....when I went to the beauty salon, a few times they have had a little one in there for the first hair cut and all you heard was this baby so upset and mama trying to calm him/her down...Your little one looked so happy and so adorable...Thank you for stopping by my blog, my dining room is americana and done in red white and blue too! Have a great day! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete