Thursday, July 23, 2009

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven...

EIGHT....

We were ready. Your car seat was in the car, the bag was packed with the most adorable gown, headband to match, and crochet socks made by your Great Great Grandma Mable, all of your clothes had the tags cut off washed and hung neatly in your closet (the were every shade of pink that one could imagine), your room was perfectly put together and waiting for us to bring home a little girl. A little girl named Tyra (after daddy's grandma) Deanne (after your Aunt Wehnoka Deanne).

July 23, 2001 at 5:00 a.m. your Dad and I get into the car and head for Hutchinson. We were half way there, in fact I think we had just gone through Haven when your Dad looked at me and said, "What if it is a boy and what will we name him if it is?" I looked back at him and said it's a girl (we did have 6 sonograms after all) but if by chance it is a boy, I want to name him Caden. That was the end of the discussion about you being a boy.

Hours later God decided that it was time for us to meet this baby that would call us Mommy and Daddy and I guess it's true God does have a sense of humor. I don't think we ever understood that until Doctor Sawchek said, "IT'S A BOY!" I said, IT'S A WHAT?" Your Dad turned white as a ghost, cut the cord and looked at me with a crooked smile and I knew at that moment all was right with the world and everything was as it should be. They took you away because you were having a little trouble breathing, and we were left for awhile to absorb the shock of it all. Daddy said, "what are we going to name him?" I said, I guess his name will be Caden Robert (after your Grandpa Bob) and so it was. We were now the parents of a baby boy who had absolutely nothing to wear and couldn't possibly wear home that outfit that had tiny pink roses all over it, however, Ellee did wear that outfit home on the day she was born. There were a lot of people sitting in that waiting room waiting for the news that a little girl had entered the world and so your Daddy went to share the surprise. When he arrived in the waiting room Iya said he was white as a ghost and just stood there in the door way saying absolutely nothing until she said, what is wrong and what is wrong with my daughter? Daddy said, "IT'S A BOY and his name is Caden Robert!" I don't think that anyone believed him until they saw you with their own eyes. That's the day we knew that God had something special planned for your life and I still believe to this day that He does! He knew all along what He was doing and I believe that your life's story will be nothing short of amazing.

EIGHT YEARS LATER and you still amaze us everyday and I can't imagine life any differently. You entered this world a healthy and beautiful baby boy and everyday I thank God that He knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.


Your Birth Announcement read:

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. So one day he asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow. How am I going to live there being so small and helpless?" "Among the many angels, I chose some for you?, said God. They will all be waiting for you and will take great care of you." But tell me, here in Heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile", said the child. "That's enough for me to be happy." How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk on earth?" asked the child. God said, "your angels will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear and with much patience and care, your angels will teach you how to speak." The child asked, "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?" God answered, "your angels will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray." The child said, "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore." God reassured the child. "Your angels will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me, even though I will always be next you." At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly, Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me all my angel's names." Your many angel's names are of no importance. You will simply call two of them Mommy and Daddy.



Caden Robert Bressler
Born: July 23, 2001
Height: 20 1/2" Weight: 7lbs. 13 oz
Parents: Phil and Trasie Bressler
Big Sister: Cynthia Anne Bressler



Happy Birthday Little Man!
Caden,

I can't believe that 8 fabulous years of a little boy we did not expect have gone by. You changed my life the day you were born and for the first time I was responsible for someones life besides my own. I was a Mommy!

I was a Mommy who knew absolutely nothing about raising a baby. I was a mommy who was scared to death. I was a mommy who loved this baby that slipped into my heart so much that it hurt, and I was a mommy who was so thankful for the greatest gift I had ever been given. It was a feeling that can never be put into words and I don't believe that God ever intended them to be known to anyone other than Mommy that He sends each of of His angels too.

You are my first born, you are the one who changed my life as I knew it and I dread the day when you will be the first one to walk out of my door to find your own way in the world. I just want you to stay EIGHT forever.

All my love and then some,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh this made me tear up. And the hair cut pictures above! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete