Sunday, March 8, 2009

I know that I am blessed

The time has changed: the days are lighter longer and signs of spring are everywhere including my front yard. We woke up this morning none too motivated to get up and get around for church. We had all but decided that we just wanted to be lazy when Reece started crying that he didn't want to go to church, then Caden began begging and begging to go. I thought to myself, we are going to get up, we are going to get moving and we are going to church. Little did I know that the sermon was about my life or maybe it wasn't so much the sermon that was about my life but the prayer that Pastor Scott prayed at the end of the service. I think that God was making sure that I knew he was ever present and that all was going to be OK, not because I can fix it but because he is God and bigger than anything I can imagine. As we walked into church this morning Phil was handed an envelope he brought it into the sanctuary and handed it to me. I sat it on the pew beside me not paying any attention really to what it was. We soon found out that everyone had been given an envelope with money in it. The amount was between 5.00 and 20.00 and we were to pray about it and do with it what God told us to do. Maybe that meant to pass it along, maybe that meant to add to it and pass it a long, but we were to listen and obey God. I'm waiting on God to tell me what to do with mine, however, I don't need to wait on him to tell me that I AM BLESSED!!! I know that I have more than enough!!!

It really makes you stop and think about how good we have it when so many people in the world are struggling right now. I am trying very hard to listen to God and hear what he wants me to do with the money that was given to us in our envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment