Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a blessing!

Supper was fixed, chewed and swallowed, the kitchen cleaned up again, the baby is finally sleeping peacefully (had her first round of shots today and we cried together), the boys are showering, the TV is blaring in the the basement, spongebob is going in the bedroom, every light in the house is on and I am loving this adventure and everything it brings. My days are filled with laughter, tears, smiles, frustrations and trials and sometimes in the midst of all of the noise I find peace that is almost overwhelming.

Caden had a basketball game tonight and I thought to myself while watching him play what amazing opportunities he has and what amazing gifts he has been given. I sometimes complain because we are gone every night of the week for either basketball, baseball, soccer, or futsal but if we weren't I would complain because there wasn't anything to do and life would be boring. There will come a day I'm sure when we will have to split up and go different directions because Reece and Ellee will want to do their thing in life (whatever that might be), but for now we get to go as a family and be the biggest fans of a 7 year old little boy that ever existed. I love the look in his eyes when he does what he has set out to do and he tucks that arm in and runs with his head held high and so proud of his accomplisments. Reece is perfectly content at this point in his life following his brother around and playing with the younger brothers doing what they do so well....Getting into Trouble! I didn't know how I would ever do this with a baby in tow, however, it's like we've been doing it forever and she just goes where we go and does what we do and never complains about any of it.

It's a great life I have (as the kids are fighting over something downstairs) and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are blessed and it's been a great day!!!

Goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment