Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My heart aches!

Text ColorMy heart is heavy and aches a lot tonight. My friend Sara Bird is friends with a lady by the name of Jess McClanahan who's daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer on the 22nd of January and she passed from this life on the 8th of February. Her 1st birthday would have been tomorrow and oh how my heart aches for her Mommy and Daddy and the pain they must be dealing with tonight as they lay their heads down on their pillows to go to sleep. At 10:03 tomorrow they will visit Cora's graveside and release pink balloons and sing her happy birthday. What an amazing family and what an amazing faith I have come to know just because I read her blog daily. I can't imagine the emptiness one would have if they didn't know the Lord at such a sad time.

As I tuck my kids in tonight I will hug them a little longer, kiss them a little sweeter, hold them a little tighter and thank God for them once more. My life is filled with so much joy because they are in it and often times I take that for granted when really it could all be taken from me so fast. They are my everyday, they are my every waking breath, they are my heart and they are my world. What would I do without them? Just seems like yesterday I had Caden and now he is 7, so full of life and keeps us so very busy and going all of the time. Reece is 4 and my very loving child who tells us he loves us 10 or 20 times a day, and Ellee Rae completes this family and makes us whole. Each one of them bring such amazing things to who we are as a family and I am truly honored that God trusted me to be their mother and trusted Phil to be their father. We are not perfect parents by any stretch of the imagination but one thing is for sure we are blessed by them and we love them all very differently but all the same amount. I asked one time how a mother could possibly love her second and third child as much as she loved her first? I was told it's like you grow another heart. I believe it is just like that, YOU GROW ANOTHER HEART!!!

May God Bless Joel and Jess tonight and I know that Cora Paige will have the greatest birthday party ever as she dances and sings with the angels on the day that she was born. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Thank you Father for the gifts you have trusted me with. I cherish them deeply and promise to strive to be the best mother one can be. I'm glad you are a Father of forgivness and that I am made new everyday. In Jesus name I pray AMEN!

Quote for the day: "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child."

No comments:

Post a Comment